How to Configure AP Mode for WF2416
The WF2416 supports AP Mode (Access Point), which is used to create a wireless network from an Ethernet connection. This mode is suitable for a room where there’s already a wired router but you need a wireless hotspot.
Note: In AP mode, the only wired port works as LAN and the DHCP server will be disabled. If you want to log in the web management page again after the following steps, please set a static IP for your computer.
If the hotel’s Internet has an authentication process, you will need to authenticate it on each device.
To setup WF2416 in AP mode, please check if the following devices/materials is ready.
1. One WF2416
2. Existing Wired Network/Router with available Internet access and one free RJ45 Ethernet port
3. A computer with wireless function turned on
4. An Ethernet Cable
5. Available power socket
Step 1 Please check the switch on the device, and make sure that it’s in “Router” side.
Step 2 Connect the LAN/WAN port of WF2416 to your existing router with an Ethernet cable.
And connect the power plug of WF2416 to the power socket of the wall.
Step 3 Connect your computer to WF2416 wirelessly.
(Default wireless name: netis, Default password: password)
Search for the WF2416 wireless network “netis” and connect to it with the password.
Step 4 Open the web browser on your computer and type in http://192.168.100.1 then press Enter.
Step 5 Select the Work Mode as AP from the pull-down menu.
If you want to set a new wireless name & password, please change the SSID and Password box.
Step 6 Click Save button to make your settings take effect.
Step 7 Connect your wireless devices as you want to WF2416 to get Internet Access wirelessly.
If you changed the default wireless network name and password, you’d better search for the new one and connect to it with the new password.
Note: The DHCP Server will be disabled after switching to “AP” mode successfully, so you will have to set a static IP address for your PC first if you need to login to the web management page again. Please refer to “Tip 1” for how to setup a static IP for computer.
And after all the settings, please remember to change the IP address settings you set on your computer back to DHCP.
Tip1: Setup a Static IP for computer
Please make sure that your computer is connected to WF2416 wirelessly.
Then you may manually set the IP address of the wireless network adapter on your computer as below.
IP Address/ IPv4 Address: 192.168.100.x (1
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway/ Router: 192.168.100.1
For Windows 8/7/Vista
1) Go to "Settings” (for Windows 8)/“Start” (for Windows 7/Vista) > "Control Panel".
2)Left-click on “Network and Internet” > “Network and Sharing Center” > “Change adapter settings” (for Windows 8/ 7)/”Manage network connections” (for Windows Vista).
3) Right-click on “Wireless network Connection” and left-click on “Properties”.
4) Double-click on “Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)”.
5) Select "Use the following IP address" then left-click on “OK”. (If you want to cancel it, please click on “get an IP address automatically”, then click on “OK”.)
For Windows XP/2000
1) Go to "Start" > "Control Panel".
2) Left-click on “Network and Internet Connections” > “Network Connections”.
3) Right-click on “Wireless Network Connection” and left-click on “Properties”.
4) Double-click on “Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)”.
6) Select "Use the following IP address" then left-click on “OK”. (If you want to cancel it, please click on “get an IP address automatically”, then click on “OK”.)
For MAC OS
1) Click on the "Apple" menu > "System Preferences".
2) Click on the “Network” icon.
3) Click on “Airport” in the left side box and click on “Advanced” in the lower right corner.
4) In the top options, select “TCP/IP”.
5) In the pull-down menu next to “Configure IPv4″ select “Manually”. (If you want to cancel it, please click on “Automatically”)
6) Fill in the “IPv4 Address/Subnet Mask/Router” parameters, and click “OK” then “Apply”.
Tip2: You can click on button on the top for more detailed settings.